[su_dropcap style=”simple” size=”5″]S[/su_dropcap]ummer can be the most challenging season for your skin. The scorching heat and the unforgiving sun rays can snatch all the radiance from your skin. Ultimately, leaving you with dull and oily skin.
The heat opens the skin pores which get accumulated with all the dirt, oil and bacteria resulting in acne and pimples.
Therefore, you need to take extra care of your skin in summers as you prepare to show more skin.
If you want flawless skin, you need to adopt an extraordinary skincare routine that keeps your skin clean and acne-free.
I have compiled some essential tips which should be a part of your skin care routine if you want glowing skin.
Valuable Tips For A Clear Skin
Follow these simple steps to get smooth and clear skin.
- Exfoliation-removal of dead cells
- Drink a sufficient amount of water
- Apply sunscreen frequently
- Use antioxidants
- Don’t wear too much makeup
Now let’s discuss each step in detail.
1.Exfoliation – Removal Of Dead Cells
Exfoliation is necessary as it removes the dead skin cells and makes your skin look brighter and smoother.
The dead skin debris results in the skin congestion that does not allow it to breathe.
Therefore, regularly exfoliate your skin with natural remedies. You can mix coffee grounds with oil for this purpose.
When and how to exfoliate?
- You should exfoliate your skin every morning before applying any moisturizer, toner or makeup.
- Be careful while exfoliating. Do it gently otherwise, you’ll get rashes or bruises.
- If you have sensitive skin then use mild exfoliators.
2.Drink A Sufficient Amount Of Water
In summers, your skin needs a lot of moisture. Therefore, another major tip is to drink loads and loads of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- 8 glasses of water daily balance the moisture of the skin and body.
- It helps in detoxification.
- Use plain, pure and filtered water only.
- Avoid carbonated drinks and caffeinated beverages.
However, you can keep your skin hydrated by using hydrating masks or toners as well.
3.Apply Sunscreen Frequently
In summers, sunscreens are the lifesavers.
- The best practice is to apply and re-apply sunscreen when you are out and your skin is exposed to the sun.
- You can apply sunscreen every two hours.
- Apply it on your whole body, not just face.
- Nowadays, there are a variety of formulas for dry, oily and sensitive skin.
- I would suggest using the product that has broad ultraviolet spectrum between 30-50 SPF.
It is the best way to keep your skin protected from the harmful ultraviolet rays that can cause skin cancer.
Use good antioxidant serums to keep your skin hydrated and protected against environmental pollution. They will help you in having a younger looking skin.
What are the benefits of antioxidants?
Antioxidants are known for collagen production and produce many positive effects on your skin.
They protect the skin from getting damaged by hunting the detrimental free radicals.
Apart from serum, you can include antioxidants in your diet through:
- Citrus Fruits
- Leafy vegetables
- Green tea
5.Don’t Wear Too Much Makeup
I would suggest all the girls to use minimal facial makeup in summers for flawless skin.
- Too much makeup on the face stresses out the skin and reduces its ability to breathe.
- Using heavy makeup on face is not recommended at all.
- It’s better to use a tinted moisturiser, a lip balm and organic Kajal instead of heavy foundations, highlighters, eyeliners, mascaras and lipsticks.
Let your skin rest in summers and cut down on the facial makeup.
I am sure now you know how to take care of your skin properly. Above mentioned tips are some of the major ways to keep your skin protected. You can do much more to get glowing and smooth skin. Incorporating natural home remedies in your skin care routine produces significantly positive results. So, what do you do to keep your skin clean and glowing?